$1Margaritas are back!

           The Applebee's Dollarita's are back!

    The Brand I chose for my post was Applebees. Applebees is currently trending over social media(mostly TikTok) for their new promotion of $1 Margaritas or Dollarita's. While to most this promotion might be new, the promotion was discontinued 3 years ago. The Dollarita's are a great menu item but it will only be available till the end of October. The Dollarita's are a popular menu item and are back due to popular demand. Applebee's lovers and everyday Alcohol enthusiasts can appreciate a decent but cheap drink this October. I chose Applebee's because I also enjoy their menu and find it cost-effective for a college student.

 Applebees Value Proposition would be a local spot with good fairly low-priced food. Applebee's has always had good prices for quality food. I would also say they are also known as a local hangout spot. At all the Applebee's in my city, they have murals, pictures, jerseys, and memories of local high school sports teams. This adds more to their vibe as a local spot too. Applebee's slogan "Eatin' Good in the Neighborhood." also contributes to that feeling.
















While most of the feedback has been positive. Certain people have pointed out that Dollarita's have more margarita mix than they do alcohol. I think this is an interesting dilemma with all the attention Applebee's has been getting. If anything it shows the consistency issue Applebee's has over all its locations. While many people have complained about it being too sugary, others have praised it for having too much alcohol. If I was the brand manager I would try to reach out to those customers and find out where those locations are. If you selling a product you want to have consistency across the board. Realistically any press is good press but these inconsistency issues could scare away customers who were already on the fringe of whether they even wanted to try this new promotion. 

  What I do like about this promotion is that they are rewarding a niche group of fans who have been requesting this promotion to come back. I also liked how they teased the Product on Twitter a week earlier to create hype around the Dollars. What I learned from this assignment was that social media is a powerful tool. I saw little to no marketing for this promotion. Instead, I saw it overall social media because people were making it a trend to try it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Marketing Blog

Marketing in the News